First Congregational United Church of Christ
The First Congregational United Church of Christ has been a community of faith in the Redgranite and the surrounding area for 110 years. We honor this history of our forefathers and foremothers whose vision and faithfulness established our church in 1902. A small group of dedicated citizens met in a grove of trees with a strong desire to educate their children with a Christian upbringing.
A serious fire in 1980, that started in our attic (possibly from squirrels chewing on wires), caused us to rebuild on our present site. Currently we are located on Bonnell Ave. and Hwy. 21. We also had a tornado in 1986 which took our garage & moved it next to the current site. We again found ourselves looking to God, and his empowering Spirit throughout our history. Redgranite Congregational UCC had the foresight and dedication of our ancestors in faith, and we Gave Thanks to God. We rejoice in God’s presence, anticipate God’s surprises and trust God to lead us in new ways of faithful discipleship in this generation.